Had a bit of time on my hands after yoga this morning and decided to try and be a little creative in the kitchen. A quick trip to Tescos to pick up some supplies and then some experimentation in the kitchen and voila – The Skischool TV Veggie Winter Warmer.
4x Small Potatoes
Dried crushed chillies
1. Peel and cube squash then mix with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, half a tablespoon of salt and some black pepper.
2. Wash potatoes and slice them to make hedgehogs. Brush/drizzle with olive oil and add a small pinch of coarse sea salt. Spread the squash and potatoes on a baking tray and place in the oven at Gas Mark 7 for 50mins – turning occasionally.
3. Peel and chop up some fresh ginger. Only the area peeled in the Picture below was used. The rest was wrapped up and stored in the fridge for later use.
4. Chop up a couple of large handfulls of fresh Kale. Mix in a bowl with olive oil, the chopped ginger, a pinch of dried crushed chillies and 3 tablespoons of Teriyaki sauce. Spread evenly into a baking tray and roast for 10 – 12mins at gas mark 7.
5. Plate up and enjoy! (note: add a serving of protein to get that extra boost – grilled chicken, fish or beef)